ESS Substitute Information
The Prince George County Public School Division has partnered with ESS to manage our substitute program. A leader in K-12 staffing, ESS is now responsible for the hiring, training, and placement of all daily and long-term substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, clerical and custodial staff.
This will be a positive experience for the substitute support staff offering them access to benefits, increased flexibility in hours and days worked, and a host of other perks and incentives.
ESS has be recognized as a top large employer by Forbes Magazine for 2017, 2018 and 2019. This is the result of their dedicated partnership and collaborative solutions for these vital team members.
If you are interested in working as a substitute for our district, please visit www.ESS.jobs to apply or call 877-983-2244 for more information.
Human Resources Department Contacts
Thank you for considering employment with Prince George County Public Schools (PGCPS). PGCPS is a progressive school division located in south central Virginia. We are committed to attracting and retaining a top-quality staff to best meet the needs of our students and community.
The information found on this page serves as the starting point to completing and submitting your employment application as well as accessing a list of current job vacancies with PGCPS.
Types of employment applications with Prince George County Public Schools are as follows:
- Teacher/Administrative - Includes positions requiring a teaching license and psychologists, school social workers, occupational/physical therapists, and certified administrators such as principals, assistant principals, central office
- General –Includes all non-teaching, non-administrative applicants including bus drivers, bus assistants, custodians, and cafeteria workers, instructional assistants, and clerical
- Substitute Teacher/Substitute Paraprofessional - Click here to apply with ESS
- Substitute Clerical/Substitute Custodial - Click here to apply with ESS
- Substitute Bus Driver - Includes all substitute driver positions
- Qualifications:Valid Virginia driver's license, very dependable, neat appearance, ability to cooperate with co-workers, student, parents, and administration.
- Salary: $17.29/hour
- Volunteer – Needed for individuals who volunteer in schools on a regular basis