Welcome to Student Services
Welcome to the Prince George County Public Schools Student Services website. This department includes Special Education, Section 504, Early Childhood Special Education, Homebound, and Homeschooling. Prince George maintains a commitment to providing the full continuum of special education and pupil personnel services that ensure access to and participation in programs and activities that are age appropriate and meet the needs of all students with identified disabilities.
Prince George County Public Schools adheres to both the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA 2004) and the Virginia State Regulations Governing Special Education Programs for Students with Disabilities when establishing programs and making decisions that will guide the educational path for students with disabilities.
Prince George commits to:
- Assisting students to achieve their fullest potential, resulting in the reduction of the achievement gap between students with disabilities and non-disabled peers.
- Enhancing the math, written language, and literacy skills of all students through research-based interventions.
- Embracing an inclusive culture where students are provided instruction in general education settings, in their home schools, with the supports needed for achievement, to the greatest extent possible.
- Ensuring excellence in curriculum and instruction that serves the needs of all students through collaboration between special education leaders and general education instructional leaders.
- Preparing students to transition to sustainable competitive employment, further education and/or training.
- Effectively supporting the improved achievement of each student through collaboration among families, school staff, and the community.