Discover Opportunity with Prince George County Public Schools
The information on this page serves as the starting point to completing and submitting your employment application to Prince George County Public Schools, as well as discovering current job vacancies in the division.
We hope you consider joining the family that is Prince George County Public Schools.
Note: You must have an e-mail address prior to starting the online application process
Types of Employment Applications with PGCPS
Human Resources Team
DISCLOSURE: The Prince George County School Board does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, political affiliation, handicapping conditions, or sex in its educational programs or employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Assistant Superintendent of Instruction and Accountability, Chief Support Services Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer.
WHY JOIN PGCPS?
Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary competitive with surrounding school districts
- Stipends for the following critical shortage areas:
- Special education Teacher = $2,000
- Math for Credit
Teacher = $1,500
- Career and Technical Education for Credit Teacher = $1,500
- Benefits include health and life insurance, retirement benefits.
- 2022-23 Benefit Plan
- FY2023 Teacher Salary Scale
Teacher Support and Professional Development
- Detailed week-long New Teacher Orientation
- New teacher mentoring program
- Tuition reimbursement available
- Excellent curriculum offerings, athletics, and activities programming
- Virginia Department of Education recognizes all schools accredited for 2019-2020
- The On-Time Graduation Rate for Prince George High School is 91.06% in 2021
- National Blue Ribbon School recipient: L.L. Beazley Elementary School (2013)
- Virginia Purple Star Designation: L.L. Beazley Elementary, North Elementary (2019-2020), David A. Harrison Elementary, William A. Walton